Falsely warned

In-game name: d4rk

SteamID: (STEAM_0:1:156063877)

Ban reason: no ban, warn for RDM

Ban time: no ban

Staff member who banned you: MINTEE

Reason why you feel you should be unbanned: first warn, been playing for two years. I raided a base next to the admin sit area, the guy whos base I was raiding looked down from the admin sit area and I killed him. If the admin sit area is good to roleplay in, it needs to be put in MOTD, as it is not. So technically I think he was breaking the rules for RPing in the admin sit area. He was literally 2 feet away from his base sitting in the admin sit area. His argument was that I RDMed him inside an admin sit are.

Do you regret breaking the rules: (Unless falsely banned)

Evidence:  May not advert "KOS if near." You are not able to KOS people that are not in the general area of the base. I pulled this from MOTD.

+ REP | I believe that Dark was falsely warned when this simple situation could have been a verbal warn. When I was asked to review what happened at first I though it was a lost cause but then after digging deeper I found that D4rk was neither in the right nor was he in the wrong. With the evidence given by D4rk that states, "You are not able to KOS people that are not in the general area of the base."  Now if you flip this statement around and look at it from the other side it would hypothetically state, " You have the ability to KOS people who are in the general area/vicinity." Now I don't believe that this should be a great distance but the matter of the fact is, from where D4rk was standing to where Bluto was when he was killed, it was no more distance than a baseball player spitting tobacco on the playing field.   I also believe that when considering the position of the base I think that if D4rk had continued his raid and actually Lock picked the door then he would have been instantly killed by Bluto.  I find that D4rk was neither in the right or the wrong, this should have been a verbal. I also believe that this was a Honest mistake made by a trial mod who could have just verbally warned him. (verdict = INNOCENT)

-Rep You have 100+ hrs you should know the rules by now, you should’ve know you can’t KOS if near, and you were not falsely warned, I see what cleep means but that still doesn’t take away from the fact that that rule has been there for almost a year and you still have not read it. I believe this warn was not false and it should not be removed.

+REP I don't think you should be warned for this if there wasn't a sit going on at the time. If a sit isn't happening at the time it is fine to RP on the rooftops anyways. (also I think buck misinterpreted the ban appeal because he tried to accuse you of doing something that you literally just used as evidence)

+REP I do not know what Cleep is talking about. This should not have even been a verbal warn.

• May not advert "KOS if near." You are not able to KOS people that are not in the general area of the base.

This rule is only meant to protect random players, not the owner of the base. It means that the person raiding in this case being d4rk could not kill random players who come near. Since BLUTO was not a random player and the owner of the base he could snipe BLUTO from down the street if he wanted to. The only reason I say that is because BLUTO could do the same thing. Also according to Pooshi who filled me in on the situation BLUTO was looking down at d4rk. It is pretty clear that BLUTO was gonna shoot him and d4rk just killed him first. Now I can't stress this enough, ROOFTOPS ARE ONLY CONSIDERED NON RP AREAS WHEN A SIT IS ACTUALLY TAKING PLACE THERE. As there was not one going on at the time it does not change anything. This is a simple case of the raider just simply outplaying the defender, and the defender getting mad. As I said before this should not have even been a verbal warning, so your warn should be removed. Also for the record this rule is worded incredibly poorly, the only thing it should say is "May not advert "KOS if near."" the other part about not being able to kill players who aren't in the area makes no sense. This is the case because as a raider you aren't even allowed to kill random players who are in the area, only if they enter the raid building. So yeah this rule is incredibly flawed. Anyways yeah this warn should be removed.

17 minutes ago, spikedupkiwi said:

+REP I do not know what Cleep is talking about. This should not have even been a verbal warn.

• May not advert "KOS if near." You are not able to KOS people that are not in the general area of the base.

This rule is only meant to protect random players, not the owner of the base. It means that the person raiding in this case being d4rk could not kill random players who come near. Since BLUTO was not a random player and the owner of the base he could snipe BLUTO from down the street if he wanted to. The only reason I say that is because BLUTO could do the same thing. Also according to Pooshi who filled me in on the situation BLUTO was looking down at d4rk. It is pretty clear that BLUTO was gonna shoot him and d4rk just killed him first. Now I can't stress this enough, ROOFTOPS ARE ONLY CONSIDERED NON RP AREAS WHEN A SIT IS ACTUALLY TAKING PLACE THERE. As there was not one going on at the time it does not change anything. This is a simple case of the raider just simply outplaying the defender, and the defender getting mad. As I said before this should not have even been a verbal warning, so your warn should be removed. Also for the record this rule is worded incredibly poorly, the only thing it should say is "May not advert "KOS if near."" the other part about not being able to kill players who aren't in the area makes no sense. This is the case because as a raider you aren't even allowed to kill random players who are in the area, only if they enter the raid building. So yeah this rule is incredibly flawed. Anyways yeah this warn should be removed.

+ REP

I agree with Kiwi here. Because BLUTO is the base owner, d4rk can advert the raid and kill BLUTO no matter where he is, only because he owns the base.

13 hours ago, spikedupkiwi said:

+Rep, kiwi really hit the nail on the head for this one.