Introduction

Hostage RP.. something not only new for the Community of Neon Link, but for the Garry's Mod Community as a whole. Wesley, founder of Neon Link, went out of his way to spend weeks, to even surpassing a month of development for this game mode, just for it to blow up in his face. This is why Hostage RP didn't last.

The Beginning

The month of April in the year of 2020 is where this all began. Wesley decided to try and bring back his idea of Hostage RP. He put countless hours, trying to fix bugs/issues with commands, jobs, vehicles, and about every other aspect of the game mode. Countless of play testers were helping discover these bugs, yet only some of us stayed for the gameplay. Several playtests would happen once Wesley reached a major checkpoint in the development of the game mode. He would allow many people of his Community help him playtest for bugs. I, for one, was ready for this game mode to take flight. It was clever with quite a bit of RP that could have been done. If you were to escape from the Terrorists that took you hostage within a school building, you were able to switch to either a Terrorist or join the Police Force. As the F.B.I Director, I was able to help train new officers to help extract the hostages from the school. The server was doing very well, until the middle of May.

The Peak

Wesley along side another developer were putting their final touches to Hostage RP before they would release it to the public. This being said, they were trying to get everyone excited to play the server when it was released. Countless playtest that went well and had tons of RP situations might have just led to the closing of Hostage RP, though. Aside from the people who actually were wanting to play the server, there were other within the Community who just saw an opportunity to ruin perfectly good RP scenarios, causing the fall of the player count. From RDM to Fail RP, countless players would find ways to ruin RP for others. The game mode itself, though, was made very well, basically giving countless ways that RP can be played out. As a hostage, you could be a Student,  a Teacher, and even a Chef. The Terrorists would tell the Hostages where to go and what to do. Negotiations were even made between Law Enforcement and the Terrorists. Missions were planned out and executed by the Special Forces of the Law Enforcement to try and rescue the hostages without being detected. But, as stated above, the fall of the player count was due to the sheer amount of rule breaking that was going on within the Server.

The Fall

Due to the lack of Community Support for Hostage RP, the server finally fell off. Other Staff Members and I of Hostage RP tried to get more and more people to play on the server, but eventually we had to give up. Most players on Neon Link are just their for Dark RP. Others will ask for Wesley to make a new server to expand the Community, yet when Wesley puts his time and effort into said servers, it just blows up in his face. All his time, effort, and even money was put towards a server that is now closed, maybe even for good. Hostage RP was not the only one that this had happened to. This has also happened with the Neon Link Rust Server, Jail Break Server, and even Minecraft Server. There becomes a lack of Community Support behind these servers and they slowly become less and less populated, until they are no longer played.

Conclusion

In conclusion, there was nothing wrong with Hostage RP at all. The game mode was made extremely well and bugs weren't the issue for it being closed. Community Support for new servers being brought within Neon Link has always lacked, no matter the game mode nor game. This is more of an appreciation post towards Wesley's work that was not able to be pushed to its limits. Hopefully we can see another server within Neon Link that is going to be as successful as Dark RP is, but until then, we shall wait and see.

• Sad 1
  • Kinky 2

#FREERANGERTILLITSBACKWARDS

HE AIN DUN NUFFIN WRONG JUZ BITCH AHH MOFOS ON DIS SERVAH CANT HANDEL A JOEK 💯 FRFR FREE THE PIMP

DIS A PIC OF ME BY DA WAY I KNO I LOOK LIEK A STR8 PIMP AIN NO JUDGIN ROUND THIS BIH YERR ME 

images.jfif

Should add that many of the features of that can still be seen within the DarkRP today, like the crafting

#FREERANGERTILLITBACKWARDS